NVOCC Director, Business Development
Career: Director, Business Development
Grade: Manager / Department: Sales / Reports to: Vice President
The purpose of the Director, Sales is to attain new clients by securing business relationships that are mutually beneficial for overall operations and sales. In this position, you will directly manage a book of business to achieve optimal performance and profitability. Success will be measured by your ability to achieve and exceed established operational and sales goals.
- Identifying business opportunities that generate revenue growth in both new and existing accounts
- Building strategic relationships with key contacts within customer organizations to understand opportunities for creating value.
- Managing all international sales experiences, taking ownership of customer relationships and providing high value logistics solutions that create and foster growth in continued business.
- Ensuring that sales operations in combination with the organization’s standard operating procedures are supported and adhered to, to deliver quality services to all stakeholders.
- Compiling and completing accurate proposals to service customer, providing information on interactions, metrics, statistics, documents, and discussions.
- Keeping a pulse on the overall transportation market conditions to better support the customer experience and/or to answer any inquiries needing immediate attention.
- Building productive results-driven relationships with staff, business partners, and customers.
- Representing and actively engaging in the organization’s culture and commitment to integrity, code of ethics, and core practices.
- Completing other assigned tasks based on leadership discretion.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience consisting of: Bachelor’s degree or other applicable post-high school education.
- Minimum three to five (3-5) years of sales within the freight-forwarding industry.
- Minimum one to two (1-2) years experience in import and export operations.
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time.
- Must have a valid driver's license, a dependable automobile, and acceptable motor vehicle record.
- Skilled in communicating effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Knowledge of and the ability to apply the principles and practices to strategically align tasks and people with organizational goals and objectives
- Ability to gather, assemble, consolidate and analyze facts, draw conclusions and devise solutions.
- Knowledge of the concept, principles, and practices of management.
- Ability to effectively manage projects that may vary in nature and scope.
- Ability to develop, improve and streamline processes to meet established goals and objectives.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
To Apply, Please forward a resume to email@example.com
CAI provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.