Last updated 04/26/16
Personal Information Collected
We collect information about you in various ways when you use our Sites. We collect personal information you provide to us. For example, we collect your name, company name, business partner type, email address and other information you provide to us on our Sites. We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect on our Sites.
When you visit our Sites, some information is automatically collected. For example, when you visit our Sites your computer's operating system, Internet Protocol (IP) address, access times, browser type and language, and the website you visited before our site are logged automatically. We may also collect information about your usage and activity on our Sites.
Web Beacons: We may collect information using Web beacons. Web beacons are electronic images that may be used on our Sites or in our emails. We use Web beacons to deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness and to tell if an email has been opened and acted upon.
Use Of Personal Information We Collect
We use personal information collected through our Sites for purposes described in this Policy or disclosed to you on our Sites or in connection with our services. For example, we may use your information to:
- Operate and improve our Sites and services;
- Respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service;
- Provide and deliver your products and services and to send you related information, including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages
- Communicate with you about upcoming events and other news about products and services offered by CAI International and our selected partners; and
- Link or combine with other personal information we get from third parties, to help understand your needs and provide you with better service.
CAI International stores and processes your personal information in the United States.
Sharing Of Personal Information
We do not share your personal information with third parties other than as follows:
- In an aggregated form that does not directly identify you;
- With your consent, for example, when you agree to our sharing your information with other third parties for their own marketing purposes subject to their separate privacy policies;
- With the primary account holder if you are an employee or agent of the primary account holder;
- With third party vendors, consultants and other service providers who are working on our behalf and need access to your information to carry out their work for us;
- In connection with any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
Security Of Your Personal Information
CAI International takes reasonable measures to help protect your personal information in an effort to prevent loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
Your Information Choices And Changes
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from CAI International by following the instructions in those emails. You may also send requests about your contact preferences and changes to your information by emailing email@example.com. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as emails about your accounts or our ongoing business relations.
Most Web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove cookies and to reject cookies. If you choose to remove cookies or reject cookies, this could affect certain features or services of our Site.
Changes To This Policy
CAI International may change this Policy from time to time. If we make any changes to this Policy, we will change the "Last Updated" date above.
If you have any questions about this Policy, please contact us at